The PhD in Business Administration (PhD-BA) allows students to advance to the highest levels of business education. The program has been designed with special focus on the business needs and challenges of the UAE and neighboring countries. Those undertaking the program will be given unique opportunities for collaborative and interdisciplinary research, preparing them to advance their careers in the public or private sectors, as well as academia.
The program admits both part-time and full-time students. Competitive assistantships are available for qualified full-time students.
For admission to PhD in in Business Administration (PhD-BA)
· Applicants must have completed a master of science relevant to the concentration applied for, or a Master of Business Administration degree, with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
· Applicants must submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score.
· Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and a current vitae/resume.
· Applicants to the PhD-BA with Concentration in Finance will be required to have completed a graduate-level course in applied econometrics.
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
· official master’s and bachelor’s university transcripts and official graduation certificates
**TOEFL/IELTS test scores are valid for two years from the test date.
· three reference letters using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
At least two of the reference letters must be from an academic advisor/faculty familiar with the applicant’s background
· a Statement of Purpose (about 1500 words) describing experiences, research interests, and reasons for applying for admission to the doctorate program
· a valid colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
· colored UAE national ID ( for UAE nationals and residents)
· pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 450
For information on the program
Applicants who earned their graduate and/or undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
For application deadlines and other important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/deadlines-for-doctoral-admissions
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/prospective-students
To apply, please visit apply.aus.edu
PhD-BA intake is in Fall semesters. Applicants can submit applications only for Fall semesters.
For more information about the program, please contact:
Dr. Valerie Lindsay
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
Dr. Osamah AlKhazali
Tel +9716 515 2320