AUS offers its ambitious, high-achieving undergraduate students the opportunity to combine their undergraduate and graduate study, allowing them to achieve both their bachelor’s degree and their master’s degree in less time and for a reduced cost.
Students with a high cumulative grade point average (GPA) are invited to apply for the Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP). Successful entry into the program enables students to complete up to two master’s-level courses (six credit hours) while pursuing their undergraduate degree. These six credits count towards the student’s bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
There are many benefits to students participating in the AMP:
- Students are able to earn a master’s degree in a shorter period of time.
- The cost for completing a master’s degree is reduced.
- The undergraduate experience is enhanced through involvement in advanced study and research.
- Students enhance their earnings prospects and are able to enter the workforce at a higher level, sooner.
Applying to AMP:
Acceptance to the accelerated master’s program is only available to current AUS students and requires approval from the graduate program coordinator. To be accepted in the accelerated master’s program, a student must:
- have senior standing (have earned 90 credits or more, not including credits from preparatory courses and from Bridge Program courses)
- have a cumulative grades point average (CGPA) of 3.5 or above during the semester of application to the AMP program
- complete the AMP Application Form, which can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar’s webpage
- All AUS master’s programs offer an AMP option except for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program
Some graduate degree programs might specify additional requirements. Students are also encouraged to consult the graduate degree program coordinator and to check the relevant degree program section in the AUS Graduate Catalog, or contact the Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com.
For more information about the AMP, please click here for the FAQs page.