The PhD in Engineering with concentration in Engineering Systems Management (PhD-ESM) program aims to produce the next generation of leading academics and industry experts in the different areas of ESM. The PhD program will address fundamental research problems of national and global importance for the 21st century centered on four concentration areas
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Sustainable Construction Project Management
- Smart Cities Management
- Engineering Management
The PhD-ESM program offers students the opportunity to work with faculty who are at the forefront of their fields, engaged in a wide range of disciplines, and come from the very best universities in the world. The faculty’s commitment to research, in cooperation with other academic institutions and major industrial and government organizations, creates an ideal environment for candidates to acquire leading-edge knowledge and cultivate their own research interests in the above concentration areas.
The program admits both part-time and full time students. Full time student may be considered for a competitive full scholarship for the duration of the program.
For admission to PhD in Engineering Systems Management, an applicant must hold a master’s degree in engineering from an independently accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division and by AUS with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) or its equivalent (Applicants with non-engineering master degrees may be considered on a case-by-case basis).
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
- official master’s and bachelor’s university transcripts and official graduation certificates
EmSat Achieve English score of 1550 (if available at the time of applying)
- three reference letters using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
At least two of the reference letters must be from an academic advisor/faculty familiar with the applicant’s background
- a Statement of Purpose (about 1500 words) describing experiences, research interests, and reasons for applying for admission to the doctorate program
- a valid colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
- colored UAE national ID ( for UAE nationals and residents)
- pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 450
For information on the program visit https://www.aus.edu/cen/multidisciplinary-programs/phd-in-engineering-engineering-systems-management-phd-esm
Applicants who earned their graduate and/or undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
For application deadlines and other important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/deadlines-for-doctoral-admissions
To apply, please visit apply.aus.edu
For more information about the program, please contact:
Ms. Rhodalyn Diola
Dr. Ghassan Abu-Lebdeh – Program Director