Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering (MSBME) program at AUS.
The AUS Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering (MSBME) program design is based on high standards similar to those followed in the United States. The mission of the MSBME program at AUS is to prepare professionals for advanced careers and/or doctoral studies related to biomedical engineering. The program continuously strives to create a stimulating academic environment that promotes excellence in teaching and research, thereby assisting students to become competent, innovative, and responsible professionals. Based on high standards similar to those followed in the United States, the MSBME curriculum provides core courses in mathematics and anatomy and physiology, followed by elective courses in several biomedical engineering sub-disciplines including healthcare management and informatics, biomedical signals, and devices and biomaterials, and biofluids.
The MSBME degree at AUS is offered to:
•Support local and regional healthcare industry needs with qualified biomedical engineers who are prepared to solve engineering problems and carry out research and development projects
•Meet the rapidly growing demand for specialized biomedical engineers to cope with the expanding regional healthcare industry
•Allow for appropriate technology transfer and development that will help in enhancing the performance of regional industries
•Present an efficient and formal mechanism to link local and regional industry with the College of Engineering (CEN) faculty and students to tackle mission-driven and applied research
•Provide an alternative to graduate education abroad for qualified students of the region
Students studying MSBME graduate program at AUS can select several multidisciplinary related areas healthcare operations management, planning and risk management, biomedical informatics, instrumentation, signal processing, biomaterials, drug delivery, and biomechanics. These program’s subject matters enhance the technical skills of all biomedical engineers to meet today’s demands as well as those of the future.
Upon graduation, an AUS MSBME graduate should demonstrate the ability to:
•Perform research emphasizing creativity, independent learning, and scientific methods in a chosen area of biomedical engineering
•Apply advanced mathematics and engineering knowledge in identifying, formulating, and solving biomedical engineering problems
•Select and use techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for research or professional practice
•Recognize the need for, and engage in, lifelong learning
•Attend to biomedical professional and ethical responsibilities.
For information on the program’s degree requirements,
For admissions requirements, please visit www.aus.edu/academic-requirements-0
For information on tuition and fees, please visit https://www.aus.edu/admissions/masters-degrees/graduate-tuition-and-fees
For application deadlines and important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate/deadlines
In a few easy steps, you can submit your application through the AUS Online Application Service.
To apply, please visit apply.aus.edu
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
- official university transcript(s) and official graduation certificate
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)score of 80 or Institutional Paper-based TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS Academic version score of 6.5 overall or EmSat Achieve English score of 1550 (if available at the time of applying)
- colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
- colored UAE national ID (for UAE nationals and residents)
- up-to-date CV
- two reference letters
- other documents might be required based on specific program requirements
In addition, required to pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 450 plus 5% VAT
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
AUS offers graduate applicants assistantships and work-study opportunities. For more information,
please visit www.aus.edu/graduate-assistantships-and-employment
New students applying for a graduate assistantship must submit the following:
- online application using apply.aus.edu
- two Reference letters, using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
- Engineering applicants who have submitted two Reference letters need not submit two more letters for assistantship applications.
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/prospective-students
For more information on the program, please feel free to send your inquiries to:
Ms. Rhodalyn Diola
Once again, we thank you for your interest in AUS!
If you need more information or assistance, our team is ready. We will be delighted to stay in touch with you.