The graduate program in civil engineering (MSCE) at AUS is designed for those whose goal is to work in the sub-disciplines of civil engineering. Engineers completing a graduate degree program are particularly well suited to work as designers and take an active role in advanced, highly visible projects. Students with a master’s degree often find themselves in higher demand, able to work on more desirable projects, and earning a higher starting salary than engineers entering the workforce with a bachelor’s degree.
Designed based on high standards similar to those followed in the United States, the MSCE degree at AUS helps meet the growing need for specialized civil engineers to cope with the expanding regional industrial base.
For information on the program’s degree requirements,
For admissions requirements, please visit www.aus.edu/academic-requirements-0
For information on tuition and fees, please visit https://www.aus.edu/admissions/masters-degrees/graduate-tuition-and-fees
For application deadlines and important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate/deadlines
In a few easy steps, you can submit your application through the AUS Online Application Service.
To apply, please visit apply.aus.edu
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
- official university transcript(s) and official graduation certificate
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)score of 80 or Institutional Paper-based TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS Academic version score of 6.5 overall or EmSat Achieve English score of 1550 (if available at the time of applying)
- colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
- colored UAE national ID (for UAE nationals and residents)
- up-to-date CV
- two reference letters
- other documents might be required based on specific program requirements
In addition, required to pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 450 plus 5% VAT
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
AUS offers graduate applicants assistantships and work-study opportunities. For more information,
please visit www.aus.edu/graduate-assistantships-and-employment
New students applying for a graduate assistantship must submit the following:
- online application using apply.aus.edu
- two Reference letters, using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
- Engineering applicants who have submitted two Reference letters need not submit two more letters for assistantship applications.
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/prospective-students
For more information on the program, please contact:
Ms. Rhodalyn Diola