Greetings from the Office of Enrollment Management at the American University of Sharjah. We truly appreciate your interest in our Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME). The program provides its graduates with advanced knowledge and skills that enable them to focus on a particular area of expertise that addresses the evolving needs of industry and society.
For information on the program’s degree requirements,
For admissions requirements, please visit www.aus.edu/academic-requirements-0
For information on tuition and fees, please visit https://www.aus.edu/admissions/masters-degrees/graduate-tuition-and-fees
For application deadlines and important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate/deadlines
In a few easy steps, you can submit your application through the AUS Online Application Service.
To apply, please visit apply.aus.edu
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
- official university transcript(s) and official graduation certificate
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)score of 80 or Institutional Paper-based TOEFL score of 550 or
- Colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
- Colored UAE national ID ( for UAE nationals and residents)
- Up-to-date CV
- Two reference letters
Other documents might be required based on specific program requirements
In addition, required is a non-refundable application fee of AED 450 plus 5% VAT
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. You can read more about this requirement at www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
AUS offers graduate assistantship positions to a limited number of graduate students. For more information please visit www.aus.edu/graduate-assistantships-and-employment
New students applying for graduate assistantships must submit the following:
- Online application at apply.aus.edu
- Two Reference letters, using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
- Engineering applicants who have submitted two Reference letters need not submit two more letters for assistantship applications.
For more information on the program, please feel free to send your inquiries to:
Ms. Rhodalyn Diola
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/prospective-students