The Master of Arts in Translating and Interpreting (MATI) Program is for those who want to become professional translators or interpreters, or to go onto doctoral research and an academic career in these areas. The vital role that English plays in international communication and the growing impact of the Arab World on world affairs combine to create a demand for highly trained English/Arabic translators and interpreters. The AUS MATI Program responds to these demands. It equips graduates from a variety of disciplines with highly specialized translation and interpreting skills. The program also addresses the need for upgrading skills of professionals already working as translators and interpreters. Courses produce graduates conversant with various forms of translation and interpreting required in the complex web of communication. This diverse range of skills is placed within a general theoretical framework, providing students with conceptual tools to identify, analyze and resolve problems and develop a reflective approach to translation and interpreting.
For information on the program’s degree requirements,
For admissions requirements, please visit www.aus.edu/academic-requirements-0
For information on tuition and fees, please visit https://www.aus.edu/admissions/masters-degrees/graduate-tuition-and-fees
For application deadlines and important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate/deadlines
In few easy and secured steps, you can submit your application through the AUS Online Application Service.
To apply, please login to apply.aus.edu
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the online application:
- official university transcript(s) and official graduation certificate
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)score of 80 or or Institutional Paper-based TOEFLscore of 550 or
- colored passport scan (including residence visa scan for UAE residents)
- colored UAE national ID ( for UAE nationals and residents)
- updated CV
- other documents might be required based on specific program requirements
In addition, required is a non-refundable application fee of AED 450.
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
AUS offers graduate applicants assistantships and work-study opportunities. For more information,
please visit www.aus.edu/graduate-assistantships-and-employment
New students applying for graduate assistantship must submit the following:
- online application using apply.aus.edu
- two Reference letters, using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information (provide your referees’ official email accounts). The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
For more information on the program, please feel free to send your inquiries to:
Ms. Lamiaa Elanany
Tel +971 6 515 2600
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/prospective-students
Once again, we thank you for your interest in AUS!
If you need more information or assistance, our team is ready. We will be delighted to stay in touch with you.