The Master of Arts in Translating and Interpreting (MATI) Program is for those who want to become professional translators or interpreters, or to go onto doctoral research and an academic career in these areas. The vital role that English plays in international communication and the growing impact of the Arab World on world affairs combine to create a demand for highly trained English/Arabic translators and interpreters. The AUS MATI Program responds to these demands. It equips graduates from a variety of disciplines with highly specialized translation and interpreting skills.
The program also addresses the need for upgrading skills of professionals already working as translators and interpreters. Courses produce graduates conversant with various forms of translation and interpreting required in the complex web of communication. This diverse range of skills is placed within a general theoretical framework, providing students with conceptual tools to identify, analyze and resolve problems and develop a reflective approach to translation and interpreting.
For information on the program’s degree requirements,
In few easy and secure steps, you can submit your application on aus.edu/apply
The following supplemental items (documents) must be uploaded to complete the application:
- official university transcript(s) and official graduation certificate
- a TOEFL score of 80 Internet-based and/or IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall (if available at the time of applying)
- colored passport copy
- updated CV
- other documents might be required based on specific program requirements
In addition, required is a non-refundable application fee of AED 450.
Applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees from universities outside the UAE must present Certificate Equivalency. For more information, please visit www.aus.edu/uae-certificate-of-equivalency
For admissions requirements, please visit www.aus.edu/academic-requirements-0
For information on tuition and fees, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate-tuition-and-fees
For application deadlines and important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/graduate/deadlines
AUS offers graduate applicants assistantships and work-study opportunities. For information, visit www.aus.edu/graduate-assistantships-and-employment
New students applying for graduate assistantship must submit the following:
- online application using apply.aus.edu
- two Reference letters, using the following instructions: refer to the supplemental items section under My Account tab / find the supplemental items titled Reference letters/ request Reference letters adding chosen referees by clicking on Start and filling up the required information. The Reference letter request will be sent and then received on the system once completed by the referee.
- Engineering applicants who have submitted two Reference letters need not submit two more letters for assistantship applications.
For more information on the program, please contact the program coordinator Ms. Lamiaa Elanany at 971 6 515 2600 or email email@example.com