All payments to AUS—whether an application fee, deposit or other fees—can be made in any of the following ways.
All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 400 UAE Dirhams (US $1 is equivalent to 3.65 UAE Dirhams). Applications will not be processed if the application fee is not settled.
The fees can be paid online using any major credit card. To pay online, please go to https://banner.aus.edu and log in to Web Enabled Interface for Students using your AUS email username and password. Once logged in go to Current Applicants then go to Check Current Application Status and Pay Online. Start the online payment by pressing Pay Application Fee button.
The seat reservation deposit can be paid online using any major credit card. To pay online, please go to https://banner.aus.edu and log in to Web Enabled Interface for Students using your AUS email username and password. Once logged in, go to Current Applicants and click on E-payment Main Menu. Select Submit E-payments and enter the AED 5,000 in the field Seat Reservation Deposit Payment. To complete the payment, click on Submit the Payment and enter your credit card details.
Please note that debit cards are not accepted for online payments. E-payment service is valid for UAE and internationally issued major credit cards.
Cash payments can be made in UAE dirhams (AED) only, payable at the AUS Cashier’s Office on the Mezzanine Floor of the Main Building, Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Ramadan Timings from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). The Sharjah Islamic Bank has a branch located in the university’s Main Building and provides exchange facilities for account holders.
Bank Transfer and Bank Deposits
Bank: Sharjah Islamic Bank
Account Name: American University of Sharjah
Account Number: 0029-200170-001
Branch: University City - Sharjah
Branch Swift: NBSHAEAS
IBAN: AE65 0410 0000 2920 0170 001
- The student’s name and ID number must be mentioned on the transfer instructions or the deposit slip.
- Scan the transfer confirmation and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Finance Department at +971 6 515 2190.
- Deposits can be made at any Sharjah Islamic Bank Branch.
- Funds may be subject to correspondent bank charges, depending on the bank from which they are transferred.
- Current dated UAE Dirhams checks drawn on a UAE bank and made payable to American University of Sharjah are accepted.
- Include the student’s name, ID number and semester on the back of each check.
- Checks returned for insufficient funds or similar reasons are subject to a fine of AED 500.
Debit and Credit Cards (paid at AUS)
- All major debit and credit cards are accepted for payment at the Cashier’s Office, located on the Mezzanine Floor of the Main Building, during the hours mentioned above. MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron, Electron, Maestro and NSwitch are accepted.
- All payments will have an additional handling fee of 1.65 percent of the total amount paid.
- Payments can also be made through a credit card by filling out the Credit Card Charge Authorization Form. Scan and email this form to email@example.com or fax to the Finance Department at +971 6 515 2190.
- Cards are subject to 2.25 percent of the total amount paid as a handling fee.
- Debit cards with no online facilities are not accepted.
Cards that are unauthorized or declined upon charging will be subject to an AED 500 fee