Applicants who are interested in transferring from institutions of higher education may be considered for admission subject to the following conditions:
- They are in good academic standing, i.e., not on probation or dismissed from the institution from which they are transferring.
- They are transferring from independently accredited institutions of higher education recognized by the UAE Ministry of Education’s Higher Education Affairs Division and offering learning experiences equivalent to those offered at AUS.
Prior to their admission to the institution from which they are transferring, they met the AUS requirements for admission including the English language proficiency requirements of AUS.
- They achieved at their institution a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) as required by AUS. The required minimum CGPA is either 2.5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, depending on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from.
Applicants who meet the above conditions are required submit official transcripts of their high school and college/university records along with the syllabi and descriptions of courses they seek to transfer. Applicants transferring from Design Majors to the College of Architecture, Art and Design, must submit their Portfolio (Samples of their work on CD, USB or hard copies are accepted).
To match the AUS courses with the completed courses refer to AUS undergraduate catalog www.aus.edu/aus-catalogs
- Evaluation of transcripts for credit transfer can only be done once a complete application is received and once the admission letter is received. Evaluation cannot be done in advance.
- No more than 50 percent of the credits required to earn a degree from AUS may be transferred from another institution.
- The minimum required course grade(s) to consider for transfer is either C or B, depending on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from.
How to apply:
Transfer applicants may submit an application by logging in to apply.aus.edu and starting an application with application type Transfer.
Below is the list of the minimum required documents to submit an application:
- High school graduation certificate and grades report
- colored passport scan
- official current university transcript(s).
- syllabus and course description of courses to be transferred.
All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 400. Transfer applicants are required to pay a non-refundable transcript evaluation fee of 400 AED (deductible from tuition upon joining AUS)
Some AUS programs will only consider transferring credits for courses taken in academic programs recognized by their respective international accreditation boards:
- College of Engineering: The college will only consider transfer of credits for engineering and computer science courses completed at academic programs recognized by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).
- School of Business Administration: The school will only consider transfer of credits for business courses completed at academic programs recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The above-mentioned academic departments may consider other courses identified as equivalent to AUS’ general education and/or elective courses for transfer of credits.
Please visit our website http://www.aus.edu for detailed information on our academic programs, our admissions requirements and procedures, and other useful information.