Depending on available seats, candidates transferring from institutions of higher education may be considered for admission subject to the following conditions:
• They are in good academic standing, i.e., not on probation or dismissed from the institution from which they are transferring.
• They are transferring from a recognized and accredited institution of higher education offering learning experiences equivalent to those offered at AUS and have successfully completed one or more semesters in that institution.
• Prior to their admission to the institution from which they are transferring, they met the AUS requirements for admission.
• They meet the English language proficiency requirements of AUS.
• They submit official transcripts of their high school and college/university records along with the syllabi and descriptions of courses they seek to transfer.
• They achieved at their institution a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) as required by AUS. The required minimum CGPA is either 2.5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, depending on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from.
Please note that evaluation of your transcripts for credit transfer can only be done once you submit a complete application. Evaluation cannot be done in advance.
Nonetheless, for your reference, you may view the AUS catalog www.aus.edu/aus-catalogs to check which AUS courses are similar to the courses you have completed at your University.
Note that no more than 50 percent of the credits required to earn a degree from AUS may be transferred from another institution.
In addition, the minimum required course grade(s) to consider for transfer is either a C or a B, depending again on the type of institution the applicant is transferring from. The appropriate academic division at AUS makes the decision on awarding credits.
After completing an application by logging in to apply.aus.edu , following are the required documents that should be uploaded to mydocuments.aus.edu :
• high school graduation certificate and grades report
• official transcript of college/university
• syllabus and course description of courses which they seek transfer
• colored passport scan
All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 400. Transfer applicants are required to pay a non-refundable transcript evaluation fee of 400 AED (deductible from tuition upon joining AUS)
Some AUS programs will only consider transferring credits for courses taken in academic programs recognized by their respective international accreditation boards:
• College of Architecture, Art and Design (architecture major): The college will only consider transfer of credits for architecture courses completed at academic programs recognized by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
• College of Engineering: The college will only consider transfer of credits for engineering and computer science courses completed at academic programs recognized by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).
• School of Business Administration: The school will only consider transfer of credits for business courses completed at academic programs recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
The above-mentioned academic departments may consider other courses identified as equivalent to AUS’ general education and/or elective courses for transfer of credits.
Please visit our website http://www.aus.edu for detailed information on our academic programs, our admissions requirements and procedures, and other useful information.
Thank you for your interest in AUS! Please contact us for more information or assistance.