Our minimum admission requirements depend on an applicant’s type of secondary education program and certificate. Admission to AUS is competitive, and the actual required minimum average for admission consideration will depend on the number of qualified applicants and the number of available seats.
The UAE Ministry of Education requires all enrolled students to obtain a certificate of equivalency for their secondary education certificate. For more information please visit:
Below are the minimum admission requirements. Requirements might change without prior notice based on the majors. The final decision regarding any application is made by the Office of Admissions.
To be eligible for admission consideration, applicants graduating with SABIS school system are required to meet the following:
- C+ in the final year, or C+ average in the best two years of grades 10, 11, and 12*.
- obtain the minimum required English Language Proficiency test score of any one of the recognized tests listed in the following table**.
English Proficiency Scores Table
- minimum SAT Mathematics score of 450 or EmSAT Achieve-Mathematics with a minimum score of 500 points
* Applicants who attain 4 points out of 5 Advanced Placement Test subjects may be awarded course credits for freshman-level courses. Applicants who attain grade B or above A Level subjects can be awarded credits for the freshman-level courses (up to 12 credits maximum). For more information please check https://www.aus.edu/testing-center/ap-advanced-placement-test
**Students who do not attain the required English Language Proficiency exam score, but meet AUS admission standards will be admitted to AUS Achievement Academy Bridge Program https://www.aus.edu/achievement-academy/bridge-program. The student’s placement at the appropriate level is determined by placement tests administered at the beginning of each semester.
The following scans are required for applying
official secondary school certificate certified by the appropriate authorities*
Certificate of Equivalency from the UAE Ministry of Education. This excludes Thanaweyya 'Ammah.
official grade reports of the last three secondary school classes certified by the appropriate authorities*
colored passport scan
colored UAE national ID scan (for UAE nationals and residents)
colored UAE residence visa scan (for UAE residents)
official letter stating completion or exemption of the Military National Service (UAE Male Applicants)
English Language Proficiency Test Scores (if available at the time of applying)
All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of AED 400 plus 5% VAT. Transfer applicants are required to pay a non-refundable transcript evaluation fee of 400 AED plus 5% VAT.
* Unattested scans will be accepted to start the application process. However, applicants will be required to show attested original documents before enrolling at AUS. Applicants graduating from schools outside the UAE are to certify (attest) documents from the country of origin: attestation is required by the authorized educational authority, the country’s ministry of foreign affairs, and the UAE Embassy. Applicants graduating from UAE schools are required to attest documents from the UAE Ministry of Education.
Other requirements might apply based on an applicant's specific school system. The Office of Enrollment Management has the right to request any supporting documents.
Early Admission (highly recommended)
Enrollment at AUS is usually competitive, applicants are encouraged to apply early. If you are in your final year of secondary school, you are encouraged to apply for early admission by submitting official grade reports for grades 10 and 11.
Early admission is only offered to highly qualified applicants and is not considered final until students submit a recognized and officially certified secondary school certificate or equivalent showing successful completion of secondary education and all other items as requested in the Admission Letter.
If you have completed your secondary school education and received your high school diploma, you can apply through the regular admission procedure.
To apply, please log in to apply.aus.edu
For application deadlines and other important dates, please visit www.aus.edu/deadlines
For easy access to useful information please visit https://www.aus.edu/